Who is in DegreeQuest: Accredited Colleges and Universities: The Safe Zone
All colleges and universities participating with HERC for the corporations and government agencies that we serve in the U.S. are accredited by commissions recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education (DofEd) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). As such, they are listed in the American Council on Education's publication, Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education. (We do have a couple of British universities offering degrees at a distance to serve those in the 100 countries in which the organizations we serve have employees. These hold the UK equivalence of regional accreditation in England.) One thing that you do not have to worry about with HERC are wolves in sheep's clothing: Degree mills preying on unsuspecting students. We are careful to ensure that each and every college and university presented to students is properly accredited by a regional and/or national accrediting commission recognized by the federal government (and CHEA). This is the "Safe Zone." Whereas all colleges and universities in DegreeQuest are fully accredited, degrees that are earned from these colleges and universities are recognized by the federal government with regards to civil service positions requiring degrees, all branches of the military, and the vast majority of corporations and businesses across the nation and around the world.
We Have Affordable Programs of Study in DegreeQuest
This enables us to present pathways to achieve the degrees our students desire while minimizing the costs to the students and the organizations (providing tuition benefits to their employees.).
- ... We have more than 450 accredited colleges and universities in DegreeQuest (subject to change, as we add new colleges and universities throughout the year). When we last assessed the colleges and universities in DegreeQuest in mid-2016, we found the following results:
- We have colleges and universities in all 50 states in DegreeQuest. In fact, there are more than 1,400 campus locations across the nation from these institutions.
- Appx. 98% of which are Regionally Accredited,with around 2% being Nationally Accredited
- State and Community Colleges and private non-profit or not-for-profit colleges comprise appx. 91.75% of the colleges and universities in DegreeQuest
- Private for-profit colleges comprise appx. 8.25% of the colleges and universities in DegreeQuest (many of which have tuition rates lower than State and Community Colleges or non-profits/not-for-profits).
- Yes, we do have some of the expensive for-profit universities in DegreeQuest, as so many of the employees that we serve have seen their advertisements on television or other media and have already begun pursuing degrees through them or request to see where they would likely stand toward their degrees.
- By having their degrees in the system, we can support those students who specifically request to see their degrees.
- ... There are more than 14,500 degrees that can be completed at a distance in DegreeQuest
- These cover the full spectrum of higher education, including undergraduate degrees (Associate and Bachelor's), graduate degrees (Master's and PhD's), and certificates (both undergraduate and graduate).
- These degrees can be completed anytime, anywhere at a distance, with the same degrees being conferred as received by students on campus
What Does This Mean for You? With DegreeQuest, Dare to Compare - Make An Informed Choice!
Where are you going to receive your education and earn the degree you desire? That is one of the most important questions anyone would face. With hundreds of accredited colleges and universities offering thousands of degrees that can be completed anytime, anywhere, how can you possibly know which ones are right for you to consider? With the power of DegreeQuest, you can make an informed choice. With the detailed degree plans and information our students receive, they are empowered to compare each of the best options that are systematically identified for them and know before they enroll that they have made the right choice. As advocates for the students we serve, we minimize loss of credit in transfer, maximize the application of college credit for extra-institutional learning (professional training at corporations and government agencies, military training, professional certifications and licenses, etc.).
If you have not yet taken a look at the degree plan examples on the home page of this site, you should. Click on the Home button above, then scroll down to the section entitled What Else Is On This Site?.